Now, many people using Twitter and customize their background image to show their identity and “try to be different”
On my Twitter account (@louiciano) you can see I display my own creation of background image. I create a template using Photoshop (PSD file format) then save it as JPEG to display my own creation of background image.
I’ve made it available for you (Download: Background Template). You can use it free and create your own background image. Create cool identity of your Twitter account.
These are my steps when I create the template:
- I capture my computer screen using PrinScrn button on the PC/Notebook keyboard.
- Open Photoshop (I think any version will work. Mine is Photoshop CS3)
- Create new file. Just click enter, don’t change anything.
- Click Edit, then Paste.
- Your screen capture image will appear.
- This is now the tricky part. You have to be creative. I change the left and right side of the background image (see the layer). Use it your own creation. You can add your self portrait or any kind of image you like to display.
- Play with layers and use different color to create cool background image.
- After you finish, save your background image as JPEG, GIF or PNG, 72 dpi resolution, RGB format. To make it simple just select File then click save for web and devices (available at Photoshop CS3 version).
Here’s quick steps to change your Twitter background image:
- First step, go to Setting
- Next click Design
- At this stage you can select theme, change background image and also change design color.
- To change your background image click Change Background Image
- After that you can upload your image. (Images must be smaller than 800k. GIF, JPG, PNG)
- Don’t forget to save your changes.
- See your cool background image appear 🙂